Schedule and format for Revised Selection Trial for Bermuda Bowl 2015April 13, 2015
The following 8 teams will participate in the revised selection trials for the Bermuda Bowl 2015. The trials will begin on April 28th, 2015 and will be held at the Bengal Rowing Club, Kolkata.
1. Formidables : Kiran Nadar ©, B Prabhakar, Rajeswar Tewari, Sunit Choksi, Keyzad Anklesaria, B. Satyanarayana
2. Bangur Cement : Debasish Ray©, NR Kirubakara Moorthy, S.K.Iyenger, Sukamal Das, Chandrashekhar Majumder, Manas Mukherjee
3. Indian Railway : Subir Majumder©, Rana Roy, Amarnath Banerjee, Sumit Mukherjee, Debabrata Majumder, Sandip Dutta
4. Hemant Jalan : Hemant Jalan, Ashish Malhotra, Sandeep Thakral, Kaustav. Bendre, Kaustav. Nandi, Samir Basak
5. Shree Cement : Pritish Kushari ©, Ravi Goenka, Vinay Desai, Bhabesh Saha, Arun Bapat, Ajay Bagaria
6. CV Rao: CV Rao, Pranab Bardhan©, Partha Sarathi Mukherjee, Shibnath De Sarkar, Avijit Chakrabarty, Satyabrata Mukherjee
7. Daya Dhaon : Daya Dhaon©, Dipak Santra, Snehasish Roy, Pinaki Prasad Khan, Kajal Das, Aniruddha Bhattacharya
8. Arun Jain : Raju Tolani, Ajay Khare, S Sundarram, P Sridharan, Swarnendu Banerjee, JM Shah, Arun Jain (npc)
Formidables have qualified for a direct entry to the semi-final whereas Bangur Cement and Indian Railways have qualified for a direct entry to the quarter-final. The remaining 5 teams will play a Double Round Robin of 10 board matches to select the other 2 quarter-finalists.
Bangur Cement will play against the runner-up of the League while Indian Railways will play against the winner of the league in the 2 x 14 Boards Quarter-final (2nd day afternoon). The two losing quarter-finalists will play 2 x 14 Board matches on the morning of the 3rd day to decide the fourth Semi-finalist who will play against Formidables in the 4 x 14 Boards Semi-Final. The two winners of the Quarter-final will play against each other in the other Semi-Final (3rd day afternoon and 4th day morning).
The Final will be played over 6 sessions of 14 boards each on the 4th and 5th day.
Date Time Event / # of Boards 28th April 9.00 – 20.45 7 Rounds of Double Round Robin / 10 Boards Each 29th April 10.00 – 15.20 3 Remaining Rounds of Double Round Robin, Top two teams to Qualify for Quarter-Final / 10 Boards Each 29th April 16.00 – 20.15 2 Rounds of Quarter Final, Two winners advance to Semi-Final / 14 Boards Each 30th April 10.00 – 14.15 2 Rounds of Quarter Final for 2 Losing Teams, Winner advances to Semi-Final / 14 Boards Each 30th April 15.15 – 19.45 2 Rounds of Semi Final / 14 Boards Each 1st May 10.00 – 14.15 2 Rounds of Semi Final / 14 Boards Each 1st May 15.15 – 19.45 2 Rounds of Final / 14 Boards Each 2nd May 10.00 – 19.45 4 Rounds of Final / 14 Boards Each
Tea/Coffee and biscuits will be available to the players. The Bengal Rowing Club has the facility to supply vegetarian lunch on payment of Rs 200 each. The players have to buy coupons by 10:30 AM of the match days.
Please address queries to Arijit Guha ([email protected]).